New York City Women of Vision


Welcome to the New York City Women of Vision. We're glad you stopped by. We are a group of like-minded women who seek to serve the poor, locally and globally. Come join us as we educate, serve, and advocate for the poor.

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Women of Vision NYC Chapter Partner Profile: Katherin

Katherin, the NYC WOV Chapter Advocacy Chair, has demonstrated on many occasions how easily and quickly someone with a Smartphone can make a difference. She has directed our group to participate in sending letters to congress to petition to provide life-saving assistance to combat extreme global poverty, hunger and disease. As our Advocacy Chair she leads us in learning practical ways to make a difference for the vulnerable ones around the world who need a voice.





Q: How long have you been a WOV partner?                                                                                
I became a NYC Women of Vision partner about 2 years ago.  After attending the first introductory/informational meeting in the fall of 2010, I wanted to be a part of this new WoV chapter that was forming in New York City.    

Q: Why did you choose to become a WOV partner?                                                           
Initially, I had no intention of joining the group when I came to the first event.  My attendance was more out of an obligation to my friend, Rochelle, who invited me.  However, after hearing the purpose and vision of the group, I felt the need to come back for "The Heart of the Matter" studies.  As I participated in the study, I was able to think and see outside of myself and my own problems.  I was reminded of the truth that I had everything to be grateful for and that everything that I had were by God's grace and mercy.  I was shown a glimpse of God's heart for the most vulnerable in the world, the women and children in the poorest countries.  I wanted to be with other women who wanted to utilize their talents, time, money, and influence to make a difference in these women and children's lives.

Q: What benefits of partnership have you realized?                                                               
Living in New York City, I have had many opportunities to get involved in and volunteer for numerous non-profits organizations that serve the needs of the poor and marginalized in our city.  As a WoV partner, I'm able to also serve others, beyond my city limits, even across the globe.  By studying together with like-minded women, I'm encouraged and challenged to have a heart that is more like the Father's -- to ache for those who suffer injustice and inequality. 

Q: What advice would you give to someone who's considering partnership?                                
I recommend that you come to as many meetings and events as you can.  I think our group will appear more and more attractive (not our outer appearances, although we do have a group of beautiful women!) to you because I believe that God is working in and through our group.  If there are ways for you to get more involved than just attending the meetings/events, then jump in!  It is my opinion that the more involved you are, the more encouraged you are to develop a bigger and softer heart that is more like Christ's.

No comments:

Post a Comment